The CALL FOR PROPOSALS for ASEH (American Society for Environmental History) 2022 is now open!
Eugene, Oregon, U.S.
March 23-27, 2022
ASEH 2022 will feature research on all facets of environmental history, from any geographical or temporal context, especially related to the conference theme, disaster and renewal. The Program Committee welcomes traditional panels, individual papers, teaching and pedagogy sessions, innovative formats, and sessions that encourage active audience participation. Panels and papers that explore the intersections of environmental history and the fields of public history and the digital humanities are also welcome, as are those that discuss community engagement initiatives. The Program Committee encourages panels that include historians at different career stages (including independent scholars) and different types of institutions (universities, government agencies, museums), and that are diverse in their gender, racial, and national composition. Conference sessions are set at 90 minutes, including the requisite 30 minutes for discussion. We strongly prefer to receive complete session proposals, although we will endeavor to construct sessions from proposals for individual presentations. Submission proposal types include:
- Complete Panels (including four presenters and a session chair or three presenters, a commentator, and a session chair)
- Roundtables (presentations should be limited to 10 minutes per person to maximize audience participation)
- Experimental Sessions (this category is open, but such sessions should involve at least four participants. Sessions must still allow 30 minutes for discussion)
- Individual Papers (accepted papers will be placed in panels; presentations are limited to 15 minutes)
- Individual Lightning Presentations (each presenter gets 5 minutes and up to 10 slides)
- Posters (those presenting posters will be expected to participate in the poster session at the conference)
Please visit the ASEH website to view the entire Call for Proposals and to submit panels, roundtables, experimental sessions, and individual papers. Submissions must be made electronically.
ASEH is committed to the Eugene conference as an in-person event. However, the Program Committee will consider a very small number of papers and/or proposals that have a virtual component, with a preference for fully virtual over “hybrid” panels (with both in-person and virtual presenters). Please note this preference on your official submission. Preference will be for presenters for whom in-person attendance is logistically restricted. Virtual presenters will also be expected to pay a registration fee.
The deadline for submissions is July 16, 2021.
Are you looking for fellow panelists? Interested in chairing or commenting on a session? Try the ASEH 2022 Message Board.