Announcement: Anglo-Dutch Wars Project
4 March, 2015 will mark the 350th Anniversary of the beginning of the 2nd Anglo-Dutch War. Beginning in March of 2015, British Naval History will be launching the Anglo-Dutch Wars Project, with the following aims
- Promotion of the study of the Anglo-Dutch Wars specifically, and 17th century maritime history in general
- To bring together academics from the nations that were involved in the Anglo-Dutch Wars and related conflicts
- To incorporate multiple disciplines, including history, maritime archaeology, and the study of art and literature
- To promote ties between established scholars and early-career researchers
- To encourage discussions on the practice of history
- To foster active collaboration between researchers
As part of the Anglo-Dutch Wars Project, we are seeking different types of content
- Blog Posts
- Book Reviews
- Collaborative Projects
British Naval History is not only looking to create content for this site, but is also looking to partner with other organizations who are also interested in studying the Anglo-Dutch Wars, to promote and facilitate wider studies.
Given the scope of this project, there is not a closing date. If interested in contributing to this project, please get in touch with us via our Twitter or via email. It is not necessary to contact us with a fully developed proposal; notifications of interest are also welcome. We especially welcome the participation of Early-Career Researchers and Postgraduate Students.