Routledge Studies in the Maritime History of Asia is a new book series from Routledge and is open for submissions. The series editor is looking for book projects exploring all aspects of Asian maritime history including:
- The history of maritime trade, piracy, warfare and exploration in the region;
- histories of Asian port cities;
- histories of the movement of histories, peoples and ideas around Asia by sea;
- histories of sailors and ships in Asia;
- histories of aquaculture in Asian seas.
The series editor is interested in all kinds of book projects, be they single-authored monographs, edited volumes with multiple authors, shortform books (between 25,000 and 50,000 words), or books that might be used for teaching classes. While Routledge expects that the majority of projects will focus on the Modern period, works on maritime history in earlier periods are also welcome.
If you have a book project or idea that you’d like to be considered for this series, please contact Simon Bates, Routledge’s Commissioning Editor for History and Social & Political Sciences in the Singapore Editorial office – email@example.com. Simon will be happy to discuss your project with you and guide you though our editorial process to prepare your proposal for peer review.